Monday, March 15, 2010

what's a good idea

Some things are better in our minds than in actual practice.  We (me and the other "MI") actually had a moment to 'ourselves' (sans the LU) this weekend and spent some time finally using some christmas gift cards. I was at H&M (which should stand for 'Hit & Miss') when I fell in love with this dress. I always get wrapped up in crazy bright colors- not neon bright, but happy bright. I loved the ruffling at the top, a v-neck- (front and back) not to mention the dress was long (to the floor) and flowy. Perfect for sunny san diego and in my head I was already out the door with it. It's pretty amusing how fast something can go from perfect to pretty horrible in moments. When tried on, the dress gathered in all the wrong places, the ruffle under the bust stuck straight out like I had an orbit of ruffles around me- I looked like I was perhaps pregnant, wearing a monster muu muu and wanted everyone in the world to see me from a mile away. Maybe on the right person... but for me, it was much better in my mind. 

Later that evening we came home to what Lucca probably thought was much better than it actually was. He pretty much figured out how a couch tastes and  I'm guessing not as good as he had imagined but I wish he'd left it to one bite instead of, well, this many....

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I think our dogs are long-lost cousins. Or communicating through their minds to destroy homes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete