Monday, March 22, 2010

What you love, what you want, what you dream (the grass is always green)

I am missing living in San francicso tonight. Tomorrow morning I want to leave my apartment and walk up the hill to Market to catch the 22 Fillmore and go to work at the jewelry store. 

I read this person's facebook status today and it spun me into a day of 'city dreaming'.  Some days, I want to leave my place, stop at Dunkin Donuts (Medium hazelnut with cream, no sugar), hop on the Red Line, find a dirty Metro to read on the way and wander through the chaos of Downtown crossing.  My 'grass is greener scenario is in Boston but really I think it could be any major city.  There is a distinct energy and as an artist, it's easy to feed off the fact that the heart of the city triggers all of your senses. And only in a city (maybe only in a city such as Boston) could you find a woman hanging out of a 2nd story window with a bucket to get her mail. I sure haven't seen that in San Diego.

What  I've found I love about the city is that despite being submerged in a sea of people, you can remain strangely anonymous, yet the sense of community and camaraderie is so strong.


But let's be honest- Being a 10 minute drive from what feels like a relaxing beach vacation isn't so bad either. Maybe when daydreaming about what we love we have to take a moment to remember what we have.
Which brings me to the 'What you Love' Ring. Not yet available on the website, I am previewing it here on the blog and offering it, for a limited time, at $25*!!!! (Reg. $35- still a steal!)

Available in Gold or Silver, email mimiandlujewelry@gmail.com to purchase. (See purchasing/shipping details at www.mimiandlu.com) Wear it as a reminder of what you love, what you have and what you dream. (*additional discounts/offers not applicable)

No comments:

Post a Comment