Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Old friends

I've been friends with this tree for 9 years. We met in 2001.  I was new to Boston and found him one day when I was wandering around the Common and through the Public Garden. I didn't know a lot of people and spent most of my free time taking photos, creating prints and exploring the city.  There was something about this tree I was drawn to- it was completely different from all the trees around it. It looked almost cartoon-ish, but at the same time beautiful.  He's just as magical in the Winter and Fall as he is in the Spring and Summer.   I've visited this tree in hard times & happy times, shared him with friends & family- and he is always, without a doubt, on my 'to visit' list when we take trips back to Boston.

So in the spirit of "Earth Day" which was "designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment", I thought I'd share my story about this tree. If you happen upon him, I hope you will take a picture and send it along. It's always nice to see an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment