Friday, April 16, 2010

Look at that Horse!

Well, actually it's a dog.

Today a homeless woman yelled at me for having my dog in the 'city' (i hardly call where I live the city) and that he should be running in the 'wild'. This is a common misconception that we often encounter.  It's one of the top 10 questions we get- "You must have big house. Do you have a huge yard??" In fact, Lucca would much rather be sitting on the couch watching Animal Planet, than running loose in the 'wild'. That goes for many great danes. They are couch potatoes. We, in fact, do not have a big house and we do have a yard but unless I'm out there with him, he'd rather be inside-yes- back on the couch.


While I'm at it, I thought I'd address the other most commonly asked questions in no particular order:
10. No, we do not have a saddle for him (if you think you are the first person to say this, you are sorely mistaken)
9. Yes, you may take a picture of him (he loves the camera)
8. No, he does not sleep in the bed (although he does sleep on the couch)
7. Yes, we are glad we kept his ears floppy too. (there's really no logical point in cropping)
6. No, your kid can't ride him (although maybe for the right price...)
5. Yes, I knew he was going to get this big. (um....I hope that was apparent when I picked out a great dane)
4. No actually, I am walking HIM (although I know you think its funny to say he is walking ME.)
3. He needs the same amount of exercise as other dogs... in some cases less.
2. He is 16 months, 132lbs, eats 8 cups a kibble a day, it's called brindle and YES he is still growing.
1. No matter how many times you call him a horse, he still isn't a horse.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! I'm still laughing...and how much would you charge to let Joseph ride him??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh haaa this is really funny. People think they are so creative.

    I must say though, he is a beautiful horse. You should put him in the circus.

    ReplyDelete