Friday, July 2, 2010

Cupcake Cravings

I came across this Creature Comforts blog post and it got me obsessing about cupcakes again.  I'm not a cook.  God bless my husband who politely compliments my cooking, even though Im pretty sure I put breakfast sausage in the pasta last week.  I'm not a baker either, but I've always enjoyed trying.  Even as a kid my mom would find me in the kitchen at midnight covered in flour, pans spilling outta the sink, baking away. Sometimes (okay a lot of times) I'd forget an ingredient or mix up a measurement and, well, things don't always taste the same when you use baking powder instead of baking soda or forget the eggs completely.
So when we came across the book "A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes" at a Crate & Barrel Outlet store a couple years ago, my baking wheels starting turning again. The recipes are pretty intense but the outcomes are incredible! Granted, it often took 8 hours over the course of 2 days to come up with 10 cupcakes but (almost) always worth it. Yes, sometimes Im still up at midnight pouring over a recipe, but nowadays I always remember the eggs.

Picking out what recipe I'll attempt for the Fourth--(better start tonight so we'll have them by Sunday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment