Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drama Queen (or King)

My dog, Lucca, is dramatic. Actually, dramatic doesn't really say it well. Over-dramatic? Melodramatic? Ridiculous, is what I'd call it. Let's start with his yawn. This comes to mind because this morning he dragged himself off the couch, waltzed into our bedroom and in his downward dog yoga position let out the loudest, most over the top yawn I've ever heard. It's starts with low rumbling and sorta crescendos to the end - which is topped off with the highest pitch screeching squeal you can imagine. He's basically saying, HELLO EVERYBODY-I'M UP AND I'M TIRED AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW IT.

His dramatic nature doesn't end there. It's everything. If he is excited to see you- he's on 10- usually on his tippy toes he lets out a low howl. With his lips together it's almost like a low grumbling "Im trying to talk" sound. If he is tired but can't get comfortable you can bet he will let out a HUGE sigh- expanding his chest up as far as it will go and then letting it deflate.  If he is scared? Well today, he jumped 5 feet & knocked me over all because he saw this terribly "frightening" statue on our walk. (see flower pic- part of the Urban Tree project at the Port of San Diego)

Is your dog this dramatic?? Or should I just go ahead and ship this dog to Hollywood for acting classes...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you've met my dog. He rivals Lucca in the drama department. If they were on-set together we'd be in trouble, because they would probably start making demands that we pick out the weird shaped kibble pieces and deliver them doggy ice cream every day at 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Ginger because yesterday Lucca wouldn't eat because his bowl wasn't clean enough and if his ball is too dirty or sandy, he will carry it by the very edge or dismiss it all together. Sometimes he stares at the couch and I'm wondering what he wants until I realize he wants me to fluff his blanket before he sits down. DIVA! (am I an enabler??)

    ReplyDelete