Friday, May 22, 2009

LUCCA LOVE


Sometimes running my own business can be lonely. While I pride myself on still being able to produce every piece myself, it also means I am all by myself. Insert Lucca.

If you know about Lucca, you know he is trouble. Cute trouble, but trouble. Lucca is our great dane puppy who joined my husband and me in January and I immediately fell in love. I had imagined him to be someone I could talk to while I bend and twist wires all day. Someone who would force me to take breaks away from my jewelry table for long peaceful walks. But Lucca, he's special. In the first 3 months of owning him, Lucca has managed to get a life threatening illness, a hard to find parasite, become anemic and to top it off- break his leg. He is currently in a cast up to his shoulder and on 'puppybed rest' for 6 weeks.

Basically, Ive got one hand in jewelry and the other holding down a 6 month old (75lb!) puppy. So much for being lonely, we are practically attached at the hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment